Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday Rewind: TBR for Winter



Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week it is a free choice from any of the past topics. I have chosen the Winter TBR. I plan on tackling a bunch of my books which are related to myths and legends next year, so these ten will be the likely start.

1. Dreamless by Josephine Angelini -- I've had it since it came out, just haven't gotten the time yet.

2. The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan -- Another I've had since its release, but I've not had a chance to get to.

3. The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan -- Yup, bought this one too. But I will get to it quicker than I've gotten to the rest in this series.

4. The End of Sparta by Victor Davis Hanson -- Got this from the LibraryThing giveaways, but I've not gotten to read it yet. But I will.

5. The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller -- I got so impatient waiting for one of my libraries to get this, so I bought it. And so it sits...

6. Hood by Stephen Lawhead -- I have a deep love of the Robin Hood legend. I will try every show, movie or book, no matter what the little voices in my head think about it.

7. The Odyssey and the Iliad by Homer -- I never had to read these for class, and have always thought about reading them. Then reading Starcrossed, It just sorted needled me that I still needed to read them.

8. The Once and Future King by T.H. White -- A classic in Arthurian legends. I read parts in high school but not the whole thing. I got the audio waiting for it, but need a good bit of time for it.

9. The Goddess Hunt, Goddess Interrupted and The Goddess Legacy by Aimee Carter -- I enjoyed The Goddess Test, although not to the same extent as Starcrossed, so I haven't rushed it. Also the library has not gotten Goddess Interrupted yet.

10. The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien -- Another one that has been sitting on my shelf for a while, but with my reread of Hobbit right now, I think I'm going to move it up my list.

So, have any myth or legend related reads you want to share? And it doesn't have to be Greek and Roman; Ancient Egypt is a favorite, but others are welcome. But I have read nearly all of Rick Riordan's YA books.

6 comments:

Vonnie Rivera said...

Oh my goodness, I've only read the Odyssey and the Illiad. Good luck with your list!

Sarah Williams said...

Thanks. At least the YA novels will go quickly. Once And Future King might be slow going, just for the length of it. 33 hours

Jennifer Waggoner Hartling said...

What a great list! I'm so interested in myths/legends. I hope you adore The Song of Achilles as much as I did :)

Vonnie Rivera said...

33 hours?! I could barely stand 20 hour audios.

Sarah Williams said...

Its about 650 pages in print, but it consists of 5 stories, so will probably break them up like that. Depends on how well you like them. The long HP audios were a breeze for me (except for keeping track of where I stopped). But Bourne Identity was torture for me.

Sarah Williams said...

I have high hopes for that one. Several people who share largely the same opinions on books as I do loved it.