Monday, September 26, 2011

Mailbox Monday and What I'm Reading

What I'm Reading is hosted by Book Journey and Mailbox Monday is hosted in September by Amused by Books.


Not much entered my home this week. My copy of Into the Wilderness with a dust jacket arrived (and the ebay seller puts all other book sellers, including Amazon and Barnes and Nobles to shame where her good packaging).  I also headed into the library to check out their sale when I went to the farmers market. Found a copy of The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society with a dust jacket (previous copy has none, and this upgrading thing is a problem I have), The Widow of the South by Robert Hicks, and a very nice, 1938 edition of Fanny Kemble: A Passionate Victorian, by Margaret Armstrong. During grad school, one of my classes was assigned Kemble's Journal of a residence on a Georgian plantation in 1838-1839 because she was an English actress who married a Georgian plantation owner, it portrays her views on slavery.


Also, I had holds come in from the library: Bossypants by Tina Fey, Doc by Mary Doria Russell, and Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. And I checked out the audio book for The Shadow of the Wind.


Last week I finished The Greatest Knight by Elizabeth Chadwick and The People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks, as well as the audiobook for Bossypants by Tina Fey. I started my Banned Book Week read, The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, and continue with Gone with the Wind.  Next up will be Doc and Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.

No comments: