Monday, September 19, 2011

Mailbox Monday and What I'm Reading - Late Night Edition

Hosted by Sheila of Book Journey

Finished this last week
The Converted by C.R. Hindmarsh (review forthcoming)

Currently Reading
Gone With The Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Eiffel's Tower by Jill Jonnes (on hold until I stop doing challenges)
The Greatest Knight by Elizabeth Chadwick
People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks

Up Next:
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
American Gods by Neil Gaiman



And what's arrived in my mailbox this week. Mailbox Monday is currently hosted by Amused by Books

The Authentic South of Gone With the Wind: Illustrated Guide to the Grandeur of a Lost Era by Bruce Wexler - won at the Gone With the Wind read-along A at The Heroine's Bookshelf. Thanks, Erin!

Fire Along the Sky by Sara Donati
Into the Wilderness by Sara Donati
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer
Sticks and Stones: three Centuries of North Carolina Gravemarkers by M. Ruth Little
Jamestown, the Buried Truth by William M. Kelso
Crossed by Ally Condie
The Tale of Desperaux by Kate Dicamillo

And my Nook got a shiny new cover. One that won't show all the fingerprints (my orange one looks grubby), and one where that microsuede or faux micro suede does not touch the screen. Because that crap catches every bit of dirt and oil it touches, and puts it back onto the screen when the cover is closed..

Most of the books I got at Better World Books. They match each book purchased from them by donating one their literacy partners. Also portions of sales go to libraries and literacy groups. And they ship worldwide. So check them out. My Into The Wilderness didn't end up having a dustjacket, so I ended up getting my backup copy with cover and will send the one along via Paperback Swap. And two of the books have been sitting in my Amazon wish list a VERY long time. Ten years for the one. And for my fellow Nook owners, check out The Cheap Blog. Posts about cheap and free nook books in the store. How I found Desperaux for 99 cents over the weekend.

No comments: