Sunday, April 17, 2011

Mailbox Monday

Had a couple more library holds come in this week:

The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown
Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen

Also got for the Nook
The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons
Soul Identity by Dennis Batchelder (freebie)



---------------------
Been reading The Help since Thursday and am only about 160 pages in. I know alot of people just love this book but I'm just not getting that love. Story is alright, but doesn't have that thing that makes me want to read it for long stretches.

4 comments:

Hina said...

oh, remember, I said I didn't like 'The Help' at all - so give me a shout out for possibly being right ;)

Tell me how the elephant books is...I'm not sure about the movie.

sawcat said...

That you were. Some of my problem probably is the three povs. Just when I get into the story of the one narrator, it jumps to one of the other two

Melissa @ Confessions of an Avid Reader said...

I bought The Help for my Kindle a couple of months ago but can't seem to bring myself to read it. It's so hyped up by almost everyone who has read it that I'm worried my expectations for it are too high. Do you think that may have happened for you, Sarah?

Looking forward to reading your thoughts on The Bronze Horseman. It's yet another book that sits patiently on my shelves waiting to be read.

sawcat said...

It could be the hype raises expectations for me. I know that's probably what happened with Love in a Time of Cholera. So many people adore it and stick it on their must read list, but I ended up hating that. I think I should probably start avoiding the hyped up books, unless they really sound interesting.

Though The Help isn't as disappointing as that. The different southern female perspectives on the civil rights movement is interesting, but just missing something.