Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Weakness Wednesday

My mom has been on a hunt for one of those toys that Kohls sells as companion to the books for charity, so I offered to stop at the one near where I was going for work today. Which happened to be in the same shopping center as one of the Borders that is closing. So I had to stop.

With restraint, I limited myself to:

Fall of Giants by Ken Follett
Clara and Mr. Tiffany by Susan Vreeland
Luka and the Fire of Life by Salman Rushdie (ok, so I was dragged in by a pretty cover on this one. But it sounded interesting.)
Pope Joan by Donna Woolfolk Cross
Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel
and Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, read by Jim Dale (Finishes my set)


ps. If you need bookcases and have a Borders near you closing, see if they are selling fixtures. This one was, about $75 for a seven shelf bookcase, which is a steal.

No comments: