Friday, March 4, 2011

The Chunkster Reading challenge

Saw this on someone else's challenge sheet, and thought I could do that.

Definition of a Chunkster:
  • A chunkster is 450 pages or more of ADULT literature (fiction or nonfiction) ... A chunkster should be a challenge.

I have chosen to go in at the:
Mor-book-ly Obese - This is for the truly out of control chunkster. For this level of challenge you must commit to EIGHT or more Chunksters of which three tomes MUST be 750 pages or more. You know you want to.....go on and give in to your cravings.

Les Rules....

Really I don't see this as any sort of problem. Figuring that my personal definition of a short book is one under 500 pages at the moment. I may keep a seperate ebook list, and you can really see my wordy habits (at the default setting on my Nook, there's about 2-3 "page" turns to each 1 page of the page count, based on the two I've read so far on it). But I'll keep lists here of books that apply to the challenge.

Books that Count
1. A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness. Finished 3/20/11. 592 pages
2. Madame Tussaud by Michelle Moran. Finished 3/26/11. 464 pages.
3. A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin. Finished 5/25/11. 835 pages


Books that don't count (e-books and young adult fiction mostly)
1. We Two: Victoria and Albert Rulers, Partners, Rivals by Gillian Gill. 522 pages ebook edition
2. The Blighted Troth: A Novel of New France by Mirella Sichirollo Palzer. Started 4/30/11. finished 5/4/11. 452 pages e-book
3. The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan. Finished 6/19/11. 452 pages.
4. Into the Wilderness by Sara Donati. Finished 8/3/11. 756 pages.

No comments: