Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Top Ten Fall TBR list


Top Ten is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is the top ten books on our TBR pile for the Fall.

In no particular order....
1. Inheritance by Christopher Paolini - The last book in the Inheritance cycle
2. Seizure by Kathy Reichs - Second book in the Virals series, her YA series with her son. Has to good stuff from her Temperance Brennan series, but a YA setting, with a smidge of science fiction added.
3. Crossed by Ally Condie - I loved Matched, and since I've seen this pop up on the Goodreads Early Review giveaways, I just can't wait.
4. Which ever book is picked for the Historical Fiction Group's October read - The theme is witches, and I have 3 of the books already, and the fourth is on my TBR list.
5. The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan - I got this last year when it was released, and haven't gotten to it yet.
6. The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan - Need to read The Lost Hero because The Son of Neptune is out this year.
7. A Breath of Snow and Ashes by Diana Gabaldon - The next book for me in the Outlander series. Its been a year about since I read The Fiery Cross, and I've been wanting time to get back to Claire and Jaime
8. A Clash of Kings by G.R.R. Martin - I've been dying to find out whats up next for my favorite Starks
9. The Devil in the Shape of a Woman: Witchcraft in Colonial New England by Carol F. Karlsen - I purchased this on my vacation to Boston earlier this year, and have been looking for time to read it. Might read it with the group read in October.
10. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - One of my first Nook purchases, and I've not gotten to it. I'm curious to whether it lives up to the hype.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been dying to read the George R.R. Martin and Inheritance. Craving a good dose of old-fashioned fantasy :)