Monday, December 10, 2012

Mailbox Monday

Mailbox Monday is a weekly meme hosted this December by Suko's Notebook.

I haven't done one of these in a while. Its not that I haven't gotten anything, but got in a bit of a funk about not wanting too. Which is the story of the last month or so. I got sick the week before Thankgiving, one of those pesky lingering cold. Worst part last about a week, screws with your sleeping habits kind of cold, with a lingering cough. Sorry, TMI. But the point of the story is it also screwed with my reading habits, and having trouble starting anything new that isn't an audiobook since.

So, the book for review I wanted posted already (At Drake's Command by David Wesley Hill will be a little later, sometime this month.

From Sawcat's Book Blog


These lovelies I found at a neighbor's yard sale: Labyrinth by Kate Moss (looks unread); Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton (same publisher & era as my Great Gatsby); One for the Money by Janet Evanovich; and for my nephews, an early reader of The Bravest Dog Ever: The True Story of Balto by Natalie Standiford; and Classics Illustrated (ie. Classics turned into comic books) editions of A Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne and The Last of the Mohicans by James Fenimore Cooper. I am determined to get at least one of my nephews into reading, so I figure these comic book versions might draw them in a bit more.

So what did you get?

5 comments:

Sam_TinyLibrary said...

I have that cold at the moment - I think I got about three hours sleep last night, in ten minute intervals :/
I really enjoyed Labyrinth when I read it, it's light but pacey and easy to read.

Melissa J said...

I really enjoyed Kate Mosse's Labyrinth and am looking forward to reading the rest of the trilogy. I also though One for the Money was pretty amusing, although I don't have much of an interest in reading the rest of the series.

Enjoy!

Sarah Williams said...

I figure One for the Money be a good diversion to try. I was surprised none of my libraries got the beginning of the series for Overdrive when the movie came out, or I'd have checked it out.

Sarah Williams said...

It seems to be going around. Not fun. It had me awake in the middle of the night.

Easy reads are good for a nice change of pace

Jennifer Hartling said...

I hope those comic versions work for your nephews! Let us know if it pans out. I have 3 nephews that I'm working on too and I'll take all the help I can get ;)