Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mailbox Monday, What I'm Reading, and a plain old What's up

Mailbox Monday is hosted by Martha's Bookshelf this month. What I'm Reading, hosted by Sheila of Book Journey

Reading has been slow this past week. I spent the weekend upgrading my computer and doing a clean install of Vista before upgrading to Windows 7, and only just got some of the basic programs I need for work. But boy, this new case and its big fans is super quiet. I'm guessing not much reading done either this week, as I finish installing things, copying files from old primary and reformating it to be used as an external for work files (will be less stress on desktop when want to work from laptop elsewhere). But to the books!

Acquisitions:
The Sisters Brothers by Patrick deWitt (audio)
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline (audio)
Soulless by Gail Carriger (Nook - $0.99 for May)
Sabriel by Garth Nix (Nook - available for $1.99 w/ bonus materials)
The Rose of Winslow Street by Elizabeth Camden (Nook) - works well since was curious about it and it was free at the time
Ghost Knight by Cornelia Funke

Library:
Silent in the Grave by Deanna Raybourn

I finished:
The House of Velvet and Glass by Katherine Howe
Midnight Rising: John Brown and the Raid that Sparked the Civil War

I'm Reading:
The Serpent's Shadow by Rick Riordan (The Kane Chronicles #3)
The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen (The Ascendance Trilogy #1)
Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame Smith

Up Next:
Hide Me Among the Graves by Tim Powers
The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
catch up on reviews and commenting

That's all folks. I just really need to ditch this feeling like I'm Homer Simpson sleeping on the job.

No comments: