Monday, July 18, 2011

Mailbox Monday

Mailbox Monday is being hosted by A Sea of Books during July

Purchases:
Lark Rise to Candleford by Flora Thompson
A Crack in the Edge of the World by Simon Winchester
The Magicians by Lev Grossman
Vivaldi's Virgins by Barbara Quick
The Concubine's Daughter by Pai Kit Fai
The White Queen by Philippa Gregory


Last three found at a yard sale, so at three for $1, it seemed a fair price to try the very mixed reviewed The White Queen. Others were clearance at BN, so win-win I say.


Future may be crazier. I signed up for Paperback Swap today. Then Borders made it official that they are closing all stores and liquidation sales start this weekend. Ours had survived the previous round of closings, so might be dangerous.

2 comments:

Melissa @ Confessions of an Avid Reader said...

I really enjoyed The Magician's! I hope you do too.

I have a fancy Folio Society edition of Lark Rise to Candleford, but haven't cracked it open because the book is almost too nice to read :-) But I'd really like to watch the TV series based on it, so I'll have to read it one of these days so I can do so (don't want to watch it first).

sawcat said...

Melissa-I never realized that the series was based on a book, but it makes sense. I've seen the first season, and I really liked it.