Friday, June 15, 2012

TGIF: Most valuable book

Forgive me for two memes in two days, but I'd been waiting for Book Blogger Hop to have a question like this, but found another one asking it! I will have small review up later today.



This Friday's Question:
Most Valuable Book: From your personal collection of books, which ones hold the most value to you - is it signed by the author? or maybe it's your favorite story of all time? Share it with us.


For purely historical value:


Surpised? If you have trouble reading it, it is Quotations from Chairman Mao Tse-Tung. My uncle lived in San Francisco for a while, and this was one of the books he had. It is a second edition of the Foreign Language Press from 1967, and has a US Distributor: China Books & Periodicals stamp on the title page. My mom has no idea why her brother had it, but this one was well traveled and I think he was the history buff of her family. I've never read it. I just like it for the age, condition and reflection of the history of the time.

For signed books:
My first first signed copy of A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness. I loved the book, and was so glad to get it signed.

Honorable mention:
1964 hardcover of Gone with the Wind
three Shakespeare plays publsihed by Macmillan between 1900-1925
Shakespeare Birthday Book published 1929

2 comments:

Addie R. said...

These are all great picks. :)

Stop by my TGIF/Follow Friday?

Sam_TinyLibrary said...

The Little Red Book!